Engineering Manager, Design System
San Francisco, California
4 months ago
The Design Systems team leads design innovation at Asana, while accelerating product teams to ship features with higher velocity, quality, and consistency. We build a library of reusable components, make cross-cutting improvements like accessibility and dark mode to Asana, and invest in tools that make frontend engineering more robust and effective.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who is passionate about coaching and developing engineers, and collaborating with other functions and teams to deliver cross-cutting improvements across Asana. You enjoy the challenge of making company-wide and product-wide changes sustainably, through a mix of technical solutions, process improvements, and cultural changes. You appreciate both product quality and development velocity, and how they both contribute to Asana’s success.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 8 engineers that build the foundational layer of product design at Asana.
- Support and help coordinate a multi-year, cross-team effort to improve accessibility at Asana
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Collaborate cross-functionally and cross-team to implement cross-cutting improvements across the Asana product and the product development process.
- Help the team balance between long term transformational investments and addressing acute pains.
- Recruit for and grow the Design System team and wider Infrastructure group.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, ideally with experience working on the frontend or in teams that support other developers
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team.
- Enthusiasm partnering with stakeholders across the engineering organization to drive solutions.
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team.
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions.
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
- Kind and intellectually mature.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.