Software Engineer, Design Systems
San Francisco, California
1 month ago
We’re looking for an Engineer to join Asana’s Design Systems team. The Design System team’s mission is two fold: 1) to ensure Asana’s UI and design stays innovative, modern, accessible, and easy to navigate 2) to enable product teams to ship their features with high velocity, quality, and consistency. As a Design Systems engineer, you’ll collaborate with other product engineers, designers, and user researchers to make sure product teams have technical and design foundations they need to ship quality, consistent, accessible features for Asana’s users. You’ll be working alongside world-class engineers and designers on the team that is at the heart of Asana’s frontend, UI, and design.
You’ll have the chance to: work on building out Asana’s reusable component library in a high-quality, maintainable way; partner directly with designers to set the future of Asana’s design; lay the groundwork for the navigation framework and information architecture of a complex modern web app; improve our frontend infrastructure and tooling with investments like automated visual QA screenshot testing. All of this will go toward elevating the level of product design and quality throughout Asana.
What you’ll achieve:
- Building out Asana’s reusable component library, to ensure the product is easy to navigate, and has a consistent and high quality design language
- Iterating and contributing to the design process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- Design and implement innovative UI solutions for complex frontend challenges (for example, making a performant, keyboard accessible timeline view).
- Understand and support the work of other engineers and designers at Asana by supporting and building the design system component framework, and providing education and mentorship to other teams.
- Help Asana achieve its mission by making sure it’s accessible and usable by everyone
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- Familiarity and interest in modern frontend web technologies
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
- The team works with TypeScript, React, and Sass / CSS
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.